Monday, May 6, 2013

May the 4th Be With You and Revenge of the 5th

by Olly Moss

Did you all celebrate Star Wars Day on May the 4th? I had a dinner date with my sister and then we ate ice cream and watched Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Naturally we watched the original version...it's a little ridiculous how much of an effort it is to find the untampered version. Even in our trilogy that includes the original version (we have two), you have to put in the bonus disk to be free of all Lucas's awful changes. It's ridiculous.

But I do like Star Wars. I made fun of it when I was younger because my older brother loved it and naturally I had to tease him for absolutely everything. But when it got rereleased in the 90s I got all into it. Princess Leia is pretty awesome, after all, and what girl doesn't like Han Solo? 

Here's a fun fan video of the entire first Star Wars film, recreated by fans! What a fun project! They're working on Empire Strikes Back right now.


Didn't do much for Cinco De Mayo, except spend an unhealthy amount of money on clothes at Old Navy, whoops! Dri kept encouraging me, tsk tsk. I don't drink and the weather was gloomy so we just ate Del Taco and watched movies. Wooo! I'll have to start taking outfit photos again to justify all my purchases. I really love Old Navy, I must say.

Here's to Star Wars, new clothes, and hopefully a drama-free week ahead!





No comments: