Thursday, May 9, 2013

'Becca'lise the Flapper







I've had a longstanding fascination/obsession with the 1920s. It started around 10th grade (4th picture) when I discovered Louise Brooks and devoured every book I could find about her. That led to my love of silent film (it's always movies, isn't it?) and the fashion of the time period. In my junior year of high school my notebooks were covered with photos of movie stars of the period...Louise, Clara Bow, Colleen Moore, Lillian Gish, Mary Pickford, etc. While no longer rocking the flapper look, I love to resurrect it now and again, and I love reading anything about/set in the period. I recommend The Chaperone, Bobbed Hair and Bathtub Gin, and of course The Great Gatsby! We're seeing Gatsby tonight (I love going to the movies after a work day!) and while I'm not expecting the BEST MOVIE EVER, I think it will be a visual feast! Can't wait!


No comments: