Wednesday, March 18, 2015

TV Obsessions

I'm super picky when it comes to TV shows. I don't like wasting my time on shows that I'm barely tolerating. Here are a few new shows that grabbed my attention.

"Fresh Off The Boat"
Based on the memoirs of Eddie Huang, this show is about an Asian family adjusting to life in a very white suburban neighborhood in the 90s, through the eyes of their hip hop loving oldest son, Eddie. I can't get enough of this show! Constance Wu as mom Jessica is the best.


"The Last Man on Earth"
We're only a few episodes in, but Craig and I are enjoying this one so far. I especially enjoy Kristen Schaal's character (spoiler? He's not the last person on earth) and how she clings to decorum in a destroyed and empty world. 

"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"
Craig and I binge watched this entire show in one weekend, like many others. It's really easy to say "just one more!" when the episodes are short and hilarious. It's about a woman rejoining society after spending the last fifteen years kept underground in a weird doomsday cult. How's THAT for a premise?

Still catching "The Mindy Project," "Girls," "RuPaul's Drag Race," "Downton Abbey," "The Daily Show," "Last Week Tonight," "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" (on Netflix!) and "Mad Men" when they air.  I wish I knew more people who watched Mad Men so I could throw a fabulous party for the finale, but alas! Maybe I'll just get dolled up for myself. 



No comments: