Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day 2015

Janet Munro in Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959)

I'm currently writing this sitting at my computer, wrapped in blankets, with cramps and a splitting headache. I was supposed to be at work but I was sent home. Or rather, Craig had to come pick up my sorry ass. I was sent home yesterday as well, and quite frankly this is NOT how I wanted to spend my week! I even painted my nails green for the holiday, and now the main green thing I'm wearing is my FACE. Sigh. 

Craig and I celebrated the holiday yesterday as best as we could. I made vegetarian shepherd's pie with lentils and sweet potato (om nom nom!) and we watched The Quiet Man (1952) starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. YEESH. The movie is beautifully shot and beloved by many, but I just can't get behind a movie that features a man grabbing, pushing, and dragging a woman across town. By her arm! By her COLLAR! Yuck. I know the whole point of the movie was about quaint little Ireland and how things are different 'round these parts, but goodness. I think I'll watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People later. It's not a great movie either, but Sean Connery and Janet Munro are just so cute. Although it's been a while since I've seen that one...does he drag her around too?

OK I'm going to go overdose on painkillers (not really) and take a nap. Byeee!



No comments: