Saturday, August 22, 2015

Adieu, summer!


Feeling mostly melancholy these days.
A complication with our foster care application process has put our whole life on hold.
Got in a car accident this month.
Major drama at work.

The best way I can escape from all this is through books and film. Diving into somebody else's life for a while is a nice respite from my frustrating present.

Currently reading Frankenstein and making my way through the Sight & Sound top 250 greatest films. 41 in and going strong!

This summer hasn't been a complete waste. Threw a Beetlejuice movie screening/pool party last weekend, finally went to a midnight screening of Rocky Horror, read some good books, saw 2001 at the Hollywood Bowl, went to outdoor screenings of Little Shop of Horrors, The Sandlot, and E.T., celebrated summer with my toddler students. and got really into yoga. I'm trying to focus on the positive instead of the complete helplessness of this foster care stuff.

All I can say is hurry up, fall!

No comments: