Sunday, June 30, 2013

Best of June 2013

Another month has come and gone! My schedule is still a little messed up, but I promise I'll figure it out soon! Haha. Here are some highlights of the past month...


*Went to the Aquarium of the Pacific! I had never been and it was so cool!

*Saw a production of "The Intergalactic Nemesis" in Costa Mesa...strange but kinda cool!



*Celebrated our four-year wedding anniversary on the 13th!

*Heard my beautiful and talented friend Teryn sing at a little wine bar...she's getting married in October  and I'm so excited for her!

*Started watching my summer movies! Beach Blanket Bingo, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, Stand By Me, etc.! I love seasonal movie-watching!


*Saw E.T. on the big screen! I've been to my fair share of special movie screenings, but this one was really special. I just love this movie.

*Celebrated my friend Robert's birthday with lunch at Slater's 50/50. I had this sun-dried tomato and pesto mac and cheese that was amaaaaazing!


*Threw a Disney Pajama Party! Guests came in pajamas (some brought stuffed animals!) and we watched Disney movies while eating a variety of breakfast foods (pancakes, little spinach-egg-and-cheese cups, Poptarts, doughnuts, mimosas, fruit, strawberries with a chocolate fountain, and ice cream with Froot Loop and Fruity Pebbles as toppings!) It was a blast!


*Started summer program at my school...Crazy Hair Day was especially fun! Pajama Day is always popular too...and very very comfortable!



*Celebrated the downfall of Prop 8 and DOMA! There was a gathering at the courthouse where Craig and I got our marriage license, and there was lots of cheering and celebrating. There was even a wedding there on the spot, with two brides and lots of strawberry cake. Truly an amazing evening! I even got my picture on the OC Register website enjoying the cake!

*My poor cat Wednesday got carried off by a coyote, but Craig chased after it and saved her, and she wasn't even hurt! Craig is a superhero, and Wednesday might be invincible!

Here's to a beautiful summer filled with popsicles, beach days, sunscreen, freedom & equality, and small miracles ♥




No comments: