Thursday, January 31, 2013

January

I was writing a catch-up post yesterday, apologizing for not updating and saying that work is taking up so much of my time and headspace, when I got a text asking me to go in to work early RIGHT THAT MINUTE! Story of my life. Hopefully I don't hear from anybody for a while, because my body clock is all out of whack and I'm exhausted! Whew!

But enough complaining! Let's update, yes? Yes! Here's what I did in January:

*Saw LOTS of movies both old and new to me
*Went to a screening of The Sound of Music with some good friends of ours. The hiiiiiills are aliiiiive...!
*Finally saw Silver Linings Playbook, which was awesome.
*Spent a day shopping in Long Beach with our friends Robert and Chelsea

*Hosted an Amadeus movie party!

*Bought a bunch of cute 60s style dresses (pictures coming soon)!
*Started posting outfits on LOOKBOOK again for the first time in a year!

*Craig and I have continued working on This Cinematic Life and he's been awesome getting writing contributions from our friends and fans, yay!
*Met my amazing pen-pal and friend Jess the other day for some LA adventures...hoping the next get-together isn't too far away!

*Working like an absolute maniac at work...things are in a state of limbo right now and I'm not getting much help, so I'm hoping things sort themselves out soon. But I've been having fun with the kids' crafts nonetheless.


Here's hoping that February is more stable in terms of my daily routine...I want to make more time for me instead of being exhausted all the time. With my new later work schedule I'll have mornings to myself and we'll see how that goes. At least it came with a raise! Time to go shopping!



No comments: