Friday, January 11, 2013

Interior Design Books I Love

While I don't necessarily aspire to be an interior designer or work in that industry at all, I love love LOVE looking at pictures of carefully stylized interiors. I love decorating wherever I'm living and having free rein to get creative.  As a result of this love, I've found myself with more than a few books that inspire me to get decorating!




Yes yes I know these aren't interior design books, but they each touch on the subject at some point, and these were the first books I owned (back in high school!) that sparked an interest in the subject for me.



I absolutely adore a good dose of kitsch. It gives me life! These books have some straight-up wacky interiors!




Jonathan Adler was a good bridge for me...quirky, kitschy, colorful, but more grown up.

Then I went nuts.










In the last few years I've started reading a looooot of blogs, including Design Sponge, Apartment Therapy, and decor8, and I find myself like cleaner and more grown up spaces, but always with fun color, vintage elements, and yes, a healthy dash of kitsch. I have a long list of decorating projects I want to tackle in the new house (moved in last July) and I'm excited to revisit all these books for inspiration!



No comments: