Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here's to 2013!


Hello 2013! You're looking lovely so far! I rang in the new year at a friend's house, we drank sparkling cider (well, *I* did), watched extremely weird experimental movies, took photobooth pictures and had a silly good time! 

There was a lot of good that happened in 2012 (my dear friends got married and then gave birth to their beautiful son James, we moved into a house, we had lots of fun parties!) but unfortunately the thing that stands out is how much ridiculous drama I endured in my personal life. No more! I've mended most of those ties and I'm hoping this year will be much more drama-free!

As far as resolutions, I have a few!

1. Use all of the random kitchen gadgets I have at least once! I have a breadmaker, a fondue pot, a crock pot, a doughnut maker, a cake pan shaped like a giant cupcake, a bundt cake pan, a rice cooker, a George Foreman grill, among others. I want to use them all and if it's a total pain to use, I'll get rid of it.

2. Learn how to play the ET end credits on the piano! I finally tracked down the sheet music last year, now it's just a matter of sitting down and learning it.

3. Have more theme parties! Last year we did our 12 Months of Kubrick, monthly parties where we watched the films of Stanley Kubrick in chronological order, in addition to my 90s-themed birthday party, our Jaws pool party, and a Halloween party among others. So far I've been imagining an Amadeus movie party, a Chinese New Years party, a Wes Anderson art show/costume party, and a Raiders of the Lost Ark pool party...I'm excited about all the possibilities! I love to entertain!

4. Start knocking all those house projects off my list! I need patio furniture, curtains, and something for the bathroom...I have so many interior design books (got three more for Christmas!) and I need to put them to good use!

5. Exercise and eat healthier. I know, I know, it's a vague goal and lord knows I love sugar! But even the tiniest of efforts on my part will be a vast improvement on where I'm at currently. I almost never exercise save chasing my students around, and I love love love love LOVE sweets. I'll start just as soon as I'm done polishing off all the cookies and molasses chips and MnMs around the house, yum!

Here's to a beautiful new year!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hereby lending as much help I can possibly give to helping you with theme parties! I have tons of Chinese New Year stuff, and I will figure out a way to contribute some Wes Art-erson projects. ;)

'Becca'lise said...

Gah I wish you lived closer! I want you to come to these!