Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day


Another Valentine's Day has come and gone...I always feel weird when it's all done. I think I read too many blogs and look at too many Instagrams of huge bouquets of flowers, sweet cards, candy, etc. Part of me grumbles about the holiday being too commercialized, but a bigger part of me wants all those things too. I guess it's that way with holidays in general. I *love* holidays, but always feel somewhat disappointed when it's all said and done. Maybe I should redefine them? Go off on my own and make my own plans? Buy myself cards and flowers?

Ah well, I got chocolates from my students, and I got some sister time in, so that was nice. Back to normal life now. A normal life that has felt especially stagnant lately, and could use a good shake-up!

This somewhat gloomy post brought to you by bad dreams and depression over the fact that my cat has been missing for a week now...



No comments: