Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I don't know about you, 2014...


Happy Wednesday! I have three new students since returning to work on the 2nd, all of whom aren't thrilled to be there. I haven't exercised once (unless you count lifting toddlers and speed walking through a mall to meet my husband exercising), and I just ate pizza, Skittles, and ice cream for dinner. Whoops! In my defense, the first full work week after short vacation-ish weeks is the worrrrrst and I have an insane headache, so I'm doing okay despite that.

I started the book Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple late last week and finished it while my pizza was cooking (at least I MADE my pizza) and I loved it. The book, not the pizza. Okay, the pizza too.  Some of it hit kinda close to home, and it was funny and heartbreaking and I couldn't put it down.

In other bonehead news, I managed to break my second Canon camera in two years. It's at the shop right now, hopefully getting fixed forever. I got the photography book by the gals at A Beautiful Mess for Christmas and was all excited to try out some of their projects when I realized my camera had a big ol' dent and wouldn't turn on. Wonderful. Fingers crossed that it doesn't cost me too much!

And I cut my hair off even shorter. Woo to 2014! I need to plan some fun stuff to look forward to this month...the ballet, perhaps? Clothes shopping? General silliness with my loved ones? Sounds good!


No comments: